THIS AGREEMENT made effective as of the ____ day of ____, 20 ___.
1. Retainer. The Accountant, duly licensed by the laws of [jurisdiction], is engaged in the provision of independent accounting services and assistance to clients. The Client hereby agrees to retain the services of the Accountant, and the Accountant hereby agrees to be so retained, all upon the terms and conditions hereinafter contained.
2. Services to be Provided. During the term of this Agreement, the Accountant shall provide the Client with any and all services in accounting and tax matters (the "Services") as the Client requires in connection with the Client's business, including without limitation the preparation of financial statements, tax reports and returns, cash flow summaries, balance sheets and such other statements or reports as the Client may require. The Accountant will also provide financial advice to the Client as and when requested.
3. Remuneration. The Client agrees to remunerate the Accountant for provision of the Services as follows: [set out the rates, fixed fees, etc as agreed upon]
4. Invoices. The Accountant shall invoice the Client [monthly / on the __ day of each month / other] for the Services rendered [during the preceding month / other], and all invoices rendered will be due and payable [upon receipt / within 30 days / other].
5. Term of Agreement. This Agreement shall continue in effect for a period of ____ [years / months] from the date hereof, or until otherwise terminated in accordance with the terms hereof.
6. Termination of this Agreement. This agreement may be terminated by either party on fifteen (15) days notice to the other party. All such notices shall be by certified mail or delivered personally.
7. Entire Agreement. This contract expresses the entire agreement between the Client and the Accountant regarding this matter. This agreement can only be modified with another written agreement signed by both the Client and the Accountant. This agreement shall be binding upon both the Client and the Accountant and their respective heirs, legal representatives and successors in interest.
8. Legal Fees. If either party brings a law suit in order to enforce or interpret the provisions of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees in addition to any other relief to which that party may be entitled.
9. Governing Law. This agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the State of ______________.
10. Independent Contractors. Both the Accountant and the Client agree that the relationship created by this agreement is that of independent contractor and not that of employee and employer. The Accountant is responsible for the payment of any taxes, including without limitation, all Federal, State and local personal and business income taxes, sales and use taxes, other business taxes and license fees arising out of the activities of the Accountant.
11. Signatures. Both the Client and the Accountant have read and do hereby agreed to this agreement.